The Purpose of ASCA
ASCA aims to be the best source of practical advice and assistance to its members and the best source of non-partisan information to the wider community. ASCA operates to:
- Act as a national forum for professionals involved in spill control and related disciplines.
- Represent ASCA members at National and State/Territory meetings and forums.
- Provide a single contact point between members and regulatory authorities, overseas associations and NGOs.
- Disseminate, to members and associates, information on the prevention, mitigation, remediation of and response to spills of oil and hazardous materials into the environment.
- Promote information sharing and cooperation amongst ASCA members.
- Provide networking opportunities through regular meetings, events and seminars.
- Provide assistance to members seeking to develop their knowledge base and build expertise in spill control and related disciplines.
- Develop, promote and encourage the adoption of high professional and ethical standards.
- Undertake or support activities that can enhance effective national and international cooperation and response efficiency.
- Encourage the formation of state/territory or regional associations.
- Encourage common standards for equipment and materials used in spill control.
Support the work of the international and overseas spill control associations.
Top of Page | Home | Contact
us | Back
©Australian Spill Control Association | Site
Website design by Pagination, Geelong